TechSearch Privacy Statement
This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our platform and services and to our sales, marketing and client and consultant activities.
Who are we?
Avollon is the data controller and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you are using our platform.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, Avollon marketing partners, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to share your personal data with others.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Avollon.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform sales, marketing, client and consultant service. We collect data about consultants and clients seeking to connect on the platform.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Present consultants and clients to each other together with structured information about the relevant assignment and the professionals and companies involved.
- Send you marketing communication. These may include information about our platform and services, events, activities, and promotions of any associated partners. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Send you information about services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Provide you content and venue details on a webinar or event you signed up for.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on Avollons or our associated partners websites (e.g. to download a whitepaper).
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Provide you with access and services related to a Free Trial of Avollon.
- Provide access to our Platform Avollon or any community services.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, invoice, installments, reminders, and similar. The contract may be with Avollon directly or with an associated partner.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our platform and services.
- To interact with you if applying to positions in Avollon.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
Collecting personal data based on contracts
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Avollon and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
If you apply for a job at Avollon, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
Avollon does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Avollon holds about you.
- The right to request that Avollon corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date. If you are a client or consultants and you have registered a profile on the platform, you may update your user profile by logging into the platform and editing “my account”.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Avollon to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications. If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Avollon, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Avollon provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to email@example.com
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
Do we share your data with anyone?
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
Third-party Product Providers we work in association with:
If required by law:
Use of sub-contractors (processors and sub-processors)
If the sub-contractor processes Personal Data outside the EU/EEA area, such processing must be in accordance with the EU Privacy Shield Framework, EU Standard Contractual Clauses for transfer to third countries, or another specifically stated lawful basis for the transfer of personal data to a third country.
International users outside of the EU
The U.S.-based services shall work according to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, and/or the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor Framework.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision.